How to Install CyanogenMod on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:-CyanogenMod team has released the stable CM 10.1.2 build for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note phablet. If you want to try one of the most popular Android custom firmware, read the instructions carefully and follow the flashing guide to successfully update your phablet to the latest Android 4.2.2 based stable CM 10.1.2 custom ROM.
Prerequisites to flash CM 10.1.2 Android 4.2.2 JB on Galaxy Note:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Galaxy Note must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Required files: download the CM 10.1.2 unofficial ROM zip for Galaxy Note here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download GApps for Note on your computer.
- Connect T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip files to your phone’s internal memory card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note.
- Boot your phablet into recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore on CWM.
- Wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. You can skip this step if you are already on a CM 10.1 ROM.
- Now, to flash the CM 10.1.2 official custom ROM, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM 10.1.2 Android 4.2.2 stable firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When done, follow the above step for GApps package installation.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy Note into normal mode. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so kindly be patient.
Awesome! You have successfully flashed the official CyanogenMod 10.1.2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stable custom firmware on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note.