Root Galaxy S4 Mini and Install CWM Recovery :-
This guide will help you in rooting your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to gain the root privileges required to have the fun of Android OS. The package also includes flashing ClockworkMod tool, which is undoubtedly one of the most popular recovery tool.
Prerequisites to check before you root Galaxy S4 Mini and install CWM recovery tool:
- Download and install appropriate USB drivers for S4 Mini GT-I9195 in your using Samsung KIES.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini carries more than 60% of charge.
- Safely remove your S4′s from .
Note: this tutorial is specifically tailored to Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195; so please do not try it on other variants and models.
How to root Galaxy S4 Mini and install CWM recovery tool:
Required files: download the root package containing all the files that you would be needing during this guide from here. Extract the contents on your desktop; this package contain Odin 3.07, CWM package and Insecure Kernel package.
- 1).Switch your S4 Mini off and enter into Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys simultaneously until you see the menu.
- 2).Connect your S4 with computer using a USB cord.
- 30.Install the Odin program on your PC and run it. Go for admin rights.
- The top left of Odin screen will show you ID:COM port to which your Galaxy device is successfully connected with.
- In the Odin, uncheck F. Reset Time.
- 4).Now click on PDA button and browse to the Galaxy-S4-Mini folder and locate the GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5 file. Click Start to initiate the flashing process.
- When done, you will get a PASS! message on Odin window and your S4 Mini will be rebooted automatically - do not close Odin.
- 5).Boot your device again to Download mode as done in the previous steps. Ensure to uncheck F. Reset Time just like before.
- 6).Click on PDA, browse to the same Galaxy-S4-Mini folder where you had extracted the downloaded package and select the CWM recovery package recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-serranoltexx.tar.md5.
- Click on Start to initiate the ClockworkMod recovery flashing process.
- 7).Once successfully completed, you will get a PASS! message and the S4 Mini will reboot.
- Close the Odin window now and power off your device.
- 8).Enter into recovery mode: press the Home, Volume Up and Power keys together.
- 9).Tap on Reboot system now and confirm the root.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 will now be booted up with CWM recovery installed and root privileges! Download the free Root Checker app from Play Store to verify.